This website is the property of Jane Thorne Residential of 51 Church Hill Road Barnet Herts EN4 8SY. By using this website you agree that you consent to and are bound by the following terms and conditions
At Jane Thorne Residential we are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. The privacy notice, together with our terms and conditions and any other notice referred to in it, explains how we will collect your personal data and how we use your personal data when you visit our websiteDISCLAIMER
Jane Thorne Residential takes all reasonable care to ensure that the information contained on the website is accurate, however we cannot guarantee its accuracy and we reserve the right to change the information on our website (including these terms and conditions) at any time. You must therefore check these terms and conditions for any such changes each time you visit our siteGDPR
You have the right to withdraw consent for the use of your information at any time; however this may affect the service that we are able to provide you with. i.e. we need to have access to information you provide in respect of anyone in order to ensure our compliance with the allocations and lettings Policy and to ensure that we provide you with a property that is suitable for your needs.
If you believe that the information we hold on you is incorrect then you should notify us and we will arrange to have the information corrected within one month of you telling us. We will also tell anyone else who we have provided this information to.
You also have an additional right to have a copy of any information that you have provided to us in order to provide that information to another housing association or agency.What information we may collect and how we use it
As a business we collect, use, store and transfer different types of data depending on who you are:
If you are purchasing, renting, selling, letting or we manage a property or properties through Jane Thorne Residential, or if you are purchasing, renting, selling, letting or we manage a property or properties on behalf of your landlord or freeholder, we collect and use your personal data in order for us to provide you with our services. The personal data we collect and use may include:
Identity Data (name, marital status, title, date of birth, gender, username and password, purchases made by you, your interests and preferences, feedback and survey responses)
- Contact Data (billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers)
- Financial Data (bank account and payment details)
- Transaction Data (details about payments to and from you and other services you have purchased through us)
- Technical Data (internet protocol address, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, online identified, location data and other similar identifying information required for the customer's device(s) to communicate with websites and applications on the internet)
- Usage Data (how you use our website products and services, the full uniform resource locators clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), download errors, lengths of visit to certain pages, page interaction information, methods to browse away from the page and any phone numbers you use to call us)
- Marketing and Communications Data (your marketing preferences from us and our third parties and your communication preferences)
We also may collect and use Aggregated Data. For example, when you visit our website we may aggregate data about your usage to tell us about how certain features on our website are used. This is not usually classified as personal data as whilst it derives from personal data (in the example, it is derived from your Usage Data) it does not reveal your identity to us. If we do link this Aggregated Data to your personal information, it will be treated as personal data in line with this policy.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us. You can ask us to rectify or update your personal information at any time by email to email@example.com
or by writing to The Data Protection Officer, Jane Thorne 51 Church Hill Road Barnet Herts EN4 8SYDATA SECURITY
Once we have received your personal data we will use reasonable and necessary procedures and security features to try and prevent unauthorised access. For example, we limit who can access your personal data to those individuals and third parties who need to know it and who are subject to a duty of confidentiality. If we become aware of a data breach we will notify the Information Commissioner's Office. If we believe that the data breach is serious, we may notify you in accordance with our legal requirements. DATA RETENTION
We hold on to your personal data whilst you use our services (or whilst we provide services connected to you) and for at least seven years thereafter, for legal, regulatory and accounting purposes. If we need to hold on to your personal data for longer, we take into consideration the potential risks in continuing to store your data against why we might need to keep it. In some circumstances we might anonymize your personal data so it is not associated with you, and we may then use this information indefinitely. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under data protection laws you have the right to protect and look after your personal data. You have the right to:
Ask us for the personal data that we hold and process about you (this is commonly known as a data subject access request). You have rights to the following information:
- The purpose(s) for which we are processing your information
- The categories of personal information we hold about you
- The recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed
- The period for which we will store your information, or the criteria used to determine that period
Please note that even if you refuse marketing, we will still contact you to discuss the services you have asked us to provide to you or to tell you about changes to our terms and conditions.
- Ask that any inaccurate information we hold about you is corrected
- Ask that we delete the personal data we hold about you in certain situations
- Ask that we stop using your personal data for certain purposes
- Ask that we do not make decisions about you using completely automated means; and/or
- Ask that personal data we hold about you is given to you, or where technically feasible a third party chosen by you, in a commonly used, machine-readable format.
The rights listed above may apply in certain circumstances, and so we may not always be able to comply with your request to exercise these rights. We will usually respond to a request from you to exercise your rights within 1 month of receipt, but it might take longer if your request is particularly complex or if you have made a number of requests. Please be aware that we may need to process your personal data and/or request specific information from you to help us comply with your request. You will not usually have to pay a fee to exercise these rights, but we reserve the right to if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive, alternatively we may refuse to comply with your request. How to contact us
: Data Protection Officer, Jane Thorne Residential 51 Church Hill Road Barnet Herts EN4 8SYBy Telephone:
02084417711 Contact detail of the Data Protection OfficerName
: Robert PavittJob Title:
Data Protection OfficerEmail